How To Achieve More…
Don't work so hard. (A pet peeve of mine is when people tell me they're working hard and then go on telling me about their work habits which I realize aren't "HARD; they're stupid and lazy habits that they've formed. Things like not sleeping enough, not eating right, not working out, not having family time, not considering their own goals as they further the mission of their employer.)
Look, there are really only 2 things you NEED to do so that you ensure success in life and at work. I write them out over here <– CLICK
Want an example of Achieving More?
When 2011 started (I know, I’m going back in time here) I was ready to self-publish another book. Then, for whatever reason, I changed my mind. I spent 60 days – that was the plan I had made – to research how to, and then write up a book proposal. There’s a long story I can tell… here are the highlights:
- The proposal was complete in mid-February.
- A book publisher in NYC received the proposal.
- They (ok, really it was "she") NEVER replied to me. EVER.
- The SXSW conference was in Austin, TX that May. I went.
- A friend Pam Slim hosted a panel discussion.
- She called it, “From Blog to Book.”
- So, I introduced myself to one of the publishers.
- Then I asked if I could send him my proposal.
- Oh, it was March 12th.
- By March 31st I had printed a contract with a 5-figure advance on royalties.
- Then, on August 24th I submitted the complete manuscript.
- BOOHH-YAHHHH ... on February 7th, 2012 my book was published.
And that, my friends is what I talk about in the GET MOMENTUM program. Want to make your work, your world, your life better? Come on in, join us and make your best…THAT MUCH BETTER.
See you over here <– CLICK to read the two “secrets” I know to making dreams come true.
(Click the picture below to see me the FIRST DAY I held the finished product!)